Taste of Home recipe from www.tasteofhome.com
2 servings; prep time, 25 minutes
Five Star Rated!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, soup and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Spoon onto two serving plates. Top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and/or sour cream if desired. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 servings.
Beef Nachos Supreme published in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p19