Looking for a lost recipe? Visit www.heritagerecipes.com ...or if you have a family recipe to share, contact http://www.heritagerecipes.com/Submit-recipe.htm
Now you can print out your favorite RocknRecipes! Print

Monday, April 4, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Scones


Here's a photo of delectable scones I made  
- they were so good I had to use my new mug rug



 Here's the recipe so your family can enjoy them, too.  
(I've made them three times just this past weekend, my husband, kids, 
my Mother 
and everyone is in love with these!)

Here's my version of Lemon Blueberry Scones (I used peach Greek yogurt) - these are SO delicious!!!

Taste of Home Baking Classics, pg. 19


Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones
Jacqueline Hendershot, Orange, Calif.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp grated lemon peel
(I also add 3 drops of lemon extract)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 salt
1 cup (8 oz.) lemon yogurt 
(I use two 6 oz. cups of any flavor Greek yogurt)
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries 
(I used the fruit in the yogurt and 
sometimes add 1/4 cup of orange juice if it seems dry)

Glaze:
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 Tblsp lemon juice (I used about two tablespoons, maybe 3)
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel (I omitted this in the glaze)

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, baking soda and salt.  In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and butter.  Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.  (If it's too dry, I have either added four more ounces of yogurt or 1/4 cup of sweetened fruit juice.)  Fold in blueberries.

Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet (I also sprayed Pam and sugared my baking sheet and sprinkled sugar lightly on top of each scone before placing in the oven.)

  Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.  Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm scones.  Yield:  14 scones.  
(I get eight large scones.)

Editor's Note:  If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to batter.

**********
I hope you'll give them a try.
Your tummy and your family will thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. am going to try this one soon, as I Love lemon & scones & yes blue berry's too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made scones before, but these sure look tempting!

    ReplyDelete